Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Technology in Libraries

Hello readers,
Recently I have read the article titled Libraries Go From The Printed Page To The Digital Screen.  This article has informed me that libraries are using more technology, librarians know a lot about the internet now and libraries still haven't given up books.

citation
Libraries are now not only using books now, they are using technological things such as computers and Ipads.  In the article it said, "You may not know it, but libraries have become community tech centers." I wish that our school library had that much technology.

Now, librarians don't just help find books anymore, now they can help you on the internet. In the article the text says, "Librarians learned to help them set up e-mail accounts.  They taught computer skills.  Librarians also helped people find the most useful information online."  I think that libraries are now getting more and more complicated.

Though many libraries now use e-books and things like that, they still haven't given up their beloved books. The article says, "Libraries aren't throwing away their books any time soon." I am glad libraries still have their books.

After reading this article I know that now, libraries don't only have books, they also have things like computers and technological stuff. Libraries are now using more technology, but they won't give up their books anytime soon.

Here is the organizer I used:
Big Ideas
Text to quote in your post
Your own thinking
Libraries are using more technology.
“You may not know it, but libraries have become community tech centers.”
I wish our school had a lot of technology too.
Librarians don’t just help find books anymore.
“Librarians learned to help them set up e-mail accounts. They taught computer skills. Librarians also helped people find the most useful information online.”
I think that libraries are getting more and more complicated.
Libraries still haven’t given up books yet.
“Libraries aren't throwing away their books anytime soon.”
I am glad that libraries still have books.

4 comments:

  1. I like that you have a text from the article and that you say it is getting more complicated. Why are libraries getting more complicated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briana,
    your chart is off the post! I like your writing but I think you could change some words into different words. I think you are a very talented writer.
    Thank you,
    Skyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you included a quote from the text, and how you arranged your thinking. I also wish that our school had this amount of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briana,
    Nice job on your post, but you chart is off to the side. Do you think that people should start reading on kindles because it could be a bit better, or would you want to read from books. I think you found some facts and ideas that I didn't use in my post. NICE JOB on

    ReplyDelete