Thursday, February 20, 2014

Destruction of Fruit

Hello readers,
citation
Recently I have read the article Bugs Who Like Bugs. There are three main ideas in the article.  The first main idea was that farmers were finding their orchards were being destroyed by stink bugs. The second main idea was that it is hard to kill off stink bugs.  The last main idea was that scientists are trying to find a way to help farmers with their problems.

First of all, farmers finds that his orchards are being destroyed by stink bugs.  The stink bugs are taking out the sugar from the fruit.  The article said "Stink bugs pierce fruit with their mouths and suck sugar out." I think this is a major problem because I don't like my fruit to be disgusting.  I think that many people don't like their fruit to be disgusting either.

Second, It is hard to kill off sink bugs.  Stink bugs seem to be able to find ways to survive during the winter which means that it is hard to kill off stink bugs.  In the article it said "Stink bugs can escape the cold by living in places like dead or rotting trees, said Donald Weber".  I think that finding a way to kill off stink bugs is going to be almost impossible.

Lastly, scientists are trying to find a way to help farmers with their problems. Some scientists are trying to find ways such as bringing the stink bugs enemy or making a spray that smells like stink bugs.  The article said "Some animals in the area are slowly starting to recognize stink bugs as food, Weber said." I think it will take a while to kill off the stink bugs.

Overall, this article is about how stink bugs are destroying fruit and that many people are trying to help find a way to solve this problem.  I think that it might be possible to solve this problem, but it will take a lot of thinking to figure this out. This could be a major problem.

1 comment:

  1. Briana, I would give you this award because you did a amazing job describing how stink bugs were killing the fruit, because I also wouldn't like my fruit to be rotten.

    ReplyDelete