Thursday, December 5, 2013

Victor Was So Close!

Hello readers,
Recently I have read chapters 4, 5 and 6 of the book The Thief Lord. In chapter 4, The Thief Lord had come to the old movie theater, where the children live to drop off a few things he had stolen.  In chapter 5, Prosper and Riccio took the things The Thief Lord had stolen and had gotten some money for it at a merchandise shop.  In chapter 6, as Riccio and Prosper made their way to the old movie theater they ran into Victor (If you read my first post about chapters 1, 2 and 3, you know that Victor was a detective looking for Prosper and Bo) and ran away.

I think this book is awesome because there is great description and suspense.  Here's a quote from the book, "The man was small and stocky.  A piece of cheese clung to his thick walrus mustache. He spun around angrily - and then stared at Prosper as if he had seen a ghost." I think this quote shows that  the book is being very descriptive and it gives me a picture in my mind of what the man looks like.  I also suggest you read Izzy's Learning Den because I think Izzy did a great job describing what she liked about the book.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Briana! I loved your post! I loved the way you included the quote in the book and that you said what happened in each chapter. Why is Scippio so nice to Bo?Bye!

    ReplyDelete